Manufacturing and Business Services
- Pelican Asphalt, blending and distribution terminal in Houston, TX was acquired by Summit Materials. (NYSE:SUM)
- Aljon, Inc. (leading manufacturer of landfill compactors and steel recycling equipment in North America)- recapitalized by Republic Financial Corporation of Denver
- MEI Labels, manufacturer of pressure sensitive label products, tags and banners for the food industry, was acquired by Svoboda Capital Partners.
- Magic Valley Fresh Frozen, manufacturer of frozen vegetables from the Rio Grande Valley, was acquired by Speyside Equity.
- Findex (Internet banking site)- sold to Thomson Financial Publishing
- The Company Corporation (incorporation services)- acquired by Eastgate Group
- Foxfire Technologies best of breed, real-time, supply chain execution systems for distribution and manufacturing operations, has been acquired by FTC Acquisition Corp., a private investment company.
- Vidiom Systems, Inc. (A leading provider of interactive television software and services)- acquired by Advance Digital Broadcasting (SWX:ADBN) (global developer of software and hardware for interactive TV)
- Cogent Technologies (accounting software)- acquired by SCS Compute, a division of the Thomson Corporation
- Bit Software (data and fax communications)- acquired by Computer Associates
- Personal Library Software (document search/text retrieval)- received minority investment from Knight Ridder
- ValuSource, Inc. (Business valuation software)- sold to John Wiley & Sons
- American Training International (Licensed computer-based training technology)- sold to McGraw-Hill’s Industrial Training division
- New Generation Computing (supply chain software)- acquired by American Software (Amex: AMSWA)
- Kleinrock Publishing (tax CD-ROMs)-sold to United Communications Group
- Maplinx (database mapping software)- acquired by IMSI (Nasdaq: IMSI) Information Technology and Publishing
Information Technology and Publishing
- Broadband Telephony Buyer’s Guide- acquired by Penwell Publishing
- Oasis Publishing (Legal databases)- acquired by JuriSearch.com
- Federal News Service (DC-based newswire service)- sold assets to Reuters, Inc.
- University Publications of America (microfilm publisher)- acquired by Congressional Information Services a division of Elsevier (NV) Magazines
- Magazine- acquired by John Fairfax LTD. (AUS)
- Area Development (trade magazine)- acquired by Sterling Publications PLC (UK)